Any questions? We can answer some of the major issues here.
Why do I have to share my personal data when registering? This is a necessary condition to be able to take advantage of everything we have to offer you at partypoker. We need your first name, last name and address to contact you, your date of birth allows us to confirm that you are of legal age to sign up with us, and your email is if you’ve any issues – we can contact you.
Why do I have to send a copy of my ID? Age verification is needed by UK law as we are legally obliged to clearly identify all of our customers and their respective ages. This process is carried out by verifying an ID from you.
Is there a schedule for this process? The process, known as Know Your Customer (KYC), follows the following schedule.
1. Provide a name, age and address verification when signing up. You cannot play, deposit, or withdraw until you are verified.
2. We aim to review your documents within 24 hours.
What can I use as ID? We accept any government-issued ID card, although it must clearly state your first name, last name, date of birth, and a photo of you.
- A valid photocard driving license (matching address)
- A valid photocard driving license (non-matching address)
- A valid passport (photo page only)
- Your valid ID card (front and back) and a document from the below list to verify your address:
- Bank/Savings account Statement (issued in the last 3 months)
- Utility bill – i.e. mobile phone, water, gas, electric (issued in the last 3 months)
- Council Tax bill (issued in the last 12 months)
- HMRC tax notification (issued in the last 12 months)
- Tenancy Agreement (issued in the last 12 months)
- Mortgage or home loan statement
- Car, home, mobile phone insurance certificate (issued in the last 12 months)
- Official University acceptance or admissions letter (issued in the last 12 months)
- Catalogue statement (issued in the last 3 months)
- Contract of employment or payslip with visible address (issued within the last 3 months)
I am not presently living in the UK? If you have moved outside of the UK then you will need to close your current account and open a new one in the country you are currently residing in.
What if I don't have a permanent address? If we cannot verify an address for you then you will not be able to hold an account, unfortunately.
Why wasn’t my ID accepted? Your ID was not accepted because it must clearly show your first name, last name, date of birth, and a photo of you. If it is an ID or a driving licence, you must send both the front side and the back side.
Will you accept my passport if it's expired? Yes, as long as it’s accompanied by a birth certificate.
Will you accept a provisional driving licence? Yes.
I only have a non-UK driving licence... Whilst we can use this to verify your ID (name and age) we can’t accept it as proof of address.
Do you accept online bank statements/utility bills? Yes, however please ensure your document is dated within the last 3 months, clearly legible and shows your full name and address as registered on your account.
I don't have bills in my name at my current place of residence, can I give you a different address? We can only verify you at the address you’ve registered on your account. If you’d like us to change or update your address please send proof of address and an instruction to update it.
Is it safe to upload my personal documents? We guarantee that your documents are secure once they leave your computer using 'SSL' technology. Thus, you can be sure that your documents cannot be intercepted when submitting via the Internet.
How are my documents protected once I send them to you? Your documents are stored in a highly protected data centre that is equipped with numerous levels of security control, which protects your information against unauthorised access.
Who has access to my documents?
Only employees who work on verifying your documents have access to this data.
I don't have a scanner to scan my documents - what can I do?
It’s easy, you can use a digital camera, your phone, or a webcam to take a picture of your documents. Just make sure they’re clear!
I have already verified my account, why am I being asked to send more documents?
There are occasions where we are required to routinely check and verify aspects of your account and personal details via third party providers or documentation in line with multiple Global, EU and domestic legislations. This may be requested even if you have already met some of those requirements and/or provided documentation before. It is our duty to operate with integrity and transparency at all times and to also ensure all players are protected and we fully support and adhere to all related legislations. Please note that without verification when requested, account restrictions will occur such as deposit, bet and withdrawal restrictions.